Medical marijuana for Alzheimer’s Disease: How Can it Help
As the population ages, there will continue to be an increased demand for Alzheimer’s treatments that can help manage symptoms and slow disease progression. Also, Many people are looking for safe alternatives to conventional Alzheimer’s disease medications. More so, Research continues to show promising results with medical marijuana for Alzheimer’s disease as one of the alternative treatments. Mail Order marijuana online USA
The cannabis plant contains over 60 different compounds, many of which are proving to have important health properties for disease treatment. Also, Ongoing research investment is continuing to uncover the exact link between cannabis and Alzheimer’s and how it may work to treat neurodegenerative diseases. So far, studies have shown specific abilities of certain cannabis compounds to target brain abnormalities in Alzheimer’s disease patients.
For example, in an article titled “A Molecular Link Between the Active Component of Marijuana and Alzheimer’s Disease Pathology,” published in Molecular Pharmaceutics, Lisa M. Eubanks, PhD (Staff Scientist at the Scripps Research Institute and the Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology) reported that THC is a considerably more effective inhibitor than the approved drugs for Alzheimer’s disease treatment, donepezil and tacrine.
Furthermore, she stated that “THC and its analogues may provide an improved therapeutic for Alzheimer’s disease [by] simultaneously treating both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer’s disease.”
Another researcher, Maria L. de Ceballos, PhD, Group Leader in the Department of Neural Plasticity at the Cajal Institute in Spain, found in a recent marijuana study that the cannabinoid receptors found in marijuana are important in the pathology of Alzheimer’s disease and that cannabinoids succeed in preventing the neurodegenerative process occurring in the disease.
Unfortunately, research into the benefits of medical cannabis for Alzheimer’s disease and myriad other health issues has been largely stymied in the United States due to federal government roadblocks fueled by pharmaceutical company “intervention.” However, the research that has been conducted in the U.S. and abroad shows that there are several specific ways that marijuana may be able to help those suffering from Alzheimer’s. Mail Order marijuana online USA
Here are five ways cannabis for Alzheimer’s disease helps treat cognitive decline:
1. THC and Neural Plaques: Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the psychoactive compound found in certain cannabis strains. Multiple studies have looked at the effects of THC on neural plaques. THC has been shown to slow the formation of damaging plaque in the brain.
It appears that small doses of THC slow the growth of beta-amyloid, the protein responsible for creating neural plaques. In fact, one study showed that THC content in medical cannabis had a greater ability to stimulate neural plaque removal than Alzheimer’s medications, Aricept and Cognex.
2. CBD and Cellular Health: Cannabis also contains another plant compound called cannabidiol (CBD). Unlike THC, which produces psychoactive and mind-altering effects, CBD offers other health benefits that can help treat Alzheimer’s disease. Order marijuana USA. CBD has natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic and sedative properties. Neurological studies on CBD have shown that it can help slow the process of cell death, known as apoptosis. Used in combination with THC, it has shown promise in reducing oxidative injury, inflammatory events and other mechanisms that help contribute to degeneration of the brain. This means CBD can help Alzheimer’s patients by preventing healthy brain cells from dying off. Mail Order marijuana online USA
3. Cannabis and Inflammation: It is believed that a major contributing factor to Alzheimer’s development is inflammation around plaque that builds up in the brain. Cannabinoids have shown promise in reducing inflammation and slowing cognitive degeneration as a result.
Initial animal testing has shown that cannabis can help lower inflammation around neural plaques. Order marijuana USA. Specifically, cannabis activates an anti-inflammatory effect, which helps slow cognitive decline. Though it hasn’t yet been proven in humans, researchers feel that there is a possible connection between cannabis and reducing neurological inflammation in humans. Continued research can help to confirm this and provide further support for medical marijuana and Alzheimer’s disease treatment. Mail Order marijuana online USA
4. Cannabis and Cellular Growth: Studies have also examined how cannabinoids show promise in helping to stimulate the growth of tissue in the portion of the brain that controls memory, known as the hippocampus. For Alzheimer’s patients, this means that cannabis may help improve memory function by stimulating greater rates of neuron growth.
5. Cannabis and Alzheimer’s Symptoms: Alzheimer’s patients typically suffer from a wide range of symptoms. Cannabis has also shown an ability to help improve quality of life in Alzheimer’s patients by reducing and managing many of these symptoms. Order marijuana USA. Marijuana is a known appetite stimulant, and provides a relaxed feeling. These and other properties can help greatly improve the quality of life of people suffering from this terrible disease. Here’s how cannabis can help treat Alzheimer’s disease symptoms:
- Stimulating appetite
- Controlling weight
- Boosting motor function
- Preventing delusions
- Controlling agitation, aggression and irritability
- Improving sleep patterns
- Increasing social engagement
While the research points to cannabis potentially helping slow disease progress, for many patients the improved quality of life is reason enough to choose medical cannabis as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease.
Best Cannabis Strains for Alzheimer’s Disease
While there isn’t yet sufficient evidence to recommend standardized dosages of medical marijuana for Alzheimer’s disease, there are certain strains that can help treat specific aspects of the disease. Order marijuana USA. Here are some considerations when choosing strains of medical cannabis for Alzheimer’s disease:
- Cannabis Sativa: This strain of cannabis is known to enhance cognitive function. This can be helpful to Alzheimer’s disease patients who wish to be stimulated, energized and more fully engaged in conversations.
- Cannabis Indica: This strain of cannabis is known to improve sleep and stimulate appetite. Often patients with Alzheimer’s don’t have regular sleeping and eating patterns and may find cannabis indica strains helpful in treating these symptoms. Mail Order marijuana online USA
- Cannabis Hybrids: These strains of cannabis are mixes between indica and sativa and offer benefits from both types. Cannabis hybrids offer either a sativa- or indica-dominant strain or a half-and-half mix. Alzheimer’s disease patients can choose a hybrid strain based on which symptoms they want to treat.
Best Cannabis Uses for Alzheimer’s Disease
Choosing a cannabis strain is only part of the decision when finding your ideal medical marijuana for Alzheimer’s disease treatment. You’ll also need to decide on how to use the treatment. Here are two ways to use medical cannabis for Alzheimer’s disease:
- Smoking: Smoking is known to be the quickest way to feel the beneficial effects of cannabis compounds. This may be a simple and effective way for many Alzheimer’s patients. However, it can cause respiratory side effects. This is especially concerning in elderly patients who may also suffer from Chronic Pulmonary Obstructive Disease (COPD). Some people may also be hesitant to do smoke marijuana because of the smell. Order marijuana USA
- Edibles: Edible cannabis is convenient and easy for Alzheimer’s disease patients. Also, the beneficial effects felt from edibles also last much longer than from smoking. More so, the effects of smoking marijuana typically last between one and three hours, while edible marijuana effects last up to seven hours. Furthermore, Eating marijuana also provides a mellower high, making it more relaxing for many users. Using edibles also helps conserve a great deal of the plant that would otherwise be wasted because it’s not conducive for smoking. In addition, People who use edible cannabis also don’t typically experience the tired, burned-out feeling that can often occur when smoking. Mail Order marijuana online USA
Using edible medical marijuana for Alzheimer’s disease can be a bit tricky at first, however. Also, because someone can’t feel the effects right away, he or she may be more prone to eating too much. More so, the best way to use edible cannabis is for the patient to eat a small amount first on an empty stomach, wait about an hour, and then decide if he or she needs more. An expert at a local medical marijuana dispensary can provide guidance to take much of the guesswork out of the edible approach. Order marijuana USA
Where to buy weed online USA, buy buds online USA, Buy Marijuana online USA . Also, you can order Marijuana online USA worldwide shipping, mail order marijuana online USA. BUY weed USA. Further more, Buy marijuana online UK, buy kush online Australia, online dispensary shipping USA, buy kush online with bitcoin USA. Also, Order weed online USA, Legit online dispensary shipping USA , online dispensary shipping USA. More so, Order real marijuana online USA, buy weed edibles online USA, buy legal weed online USA. Safe place to buy weed online Europe, Buy Marijuana online with bitcoins worldwide. Buy marijuana online USA with worldwide shipping . Buy Blue Dream marijuana